The history of the towns and villages that make up the Miedźno Commune go back to the Medieval times, although the area was inhabited as early as in the Roman times (a settlement from the period of the Przeworsk culture in the village of Mokra). Initially, the towns and villages administratively belonged to the Cracovian castellany, being its northern most part. During the period of fragmentation the lands were temporarily ruled by the dukes of Opole and Mazovia. Finally, from 1391, after the victorious wars by King Wladysław Jagiełło with Duke Wladysław Opolczyk, the lands were included into demesne becoming a part of the Krzepicki district. The Jagiellonian dynasty imposed a great influence on the history of the commune. Jagiełło is regarded to be the founder of Miedźno, as well as the founder of the church perish of St Catherine of Alexandria in 1425 in Miedźno.

Administrative belongingness to the Krzepicki castellany was maintained to the times of the Swedish Deluge in the middle of the XVII century. In the year 1658 according to the resolution of the Polish parliament the villages of Miedźno, Ostrowy, Łobodo, Kocin were included in the Kłobucki district. The new district was subjected under the rule of the Jasna Góra Monastery. The village of Miedźno was given to Voivode Miączyński as an award for services in combat.

After the second partition of Poland (1793) the area of the today’s Miedźno Commune fell under Prussian rule, becoming a part of the so-called Southern Prussia. The invader took the possession of the monastery demesne and incorporated them to the Prussian government’s demesne.

At the time of the Duchy of Warsaw the lands became a part of the Częstochowski District in the Kaliski department. After the Congress of Vienna the lands maintained the status of governmental lands, remaining in the previous administrative structures. The lands of the commune became the Tsarist endowment under the name “Dobra Ostrowy”.  As a result of repressions after the November Uprising the Częstochwoski District was terminated. The lands of the commune became part of the Wieluński District. During the January Uprising a few clashes between the Polish divisions and the Tsarist army took place in the area. The biggest one was the battle of Mazówki on the 3rd of October in 1863. There is a mass grave of insurgents in the cemetery in Miedźno. 

As a result of the administrative reform carried out by a tsar and edited on the 31st of December in 1866, the Częstochowski District was reinstated. As part of the district the commune of Miedźno was established. The commune maintained its nature in independent Poland. It was then a part of the Kielecki Voivodship. During the period of Nazi occupation the whole commune was incorporated to the Third Reich. After the war was ended in 1952, communist authorities terminated the commune of Miedźno. In its place smaller, reduced to particular village units called „ gromady” were created.

The commune of Miedźno was brought back to life in the year 1973. It did not consist of all the villages which historically belonged to it. This especially refers to the village of Łobodno, which became a part of the commune of Kłobuck. Between 1975 – 1998 the commune of Miedźno was part of the Częstochowskie Voivodship. From the 1st of January 1999, with another reform of administrative division in Poland, the commune of Miedźno became a part of the reinstated Kłobucki District, becoming the northern most part of the Silesian Voivodship.

A very important event that took its toll on the history of the commune were the victorious battles that took place on the 1st of September 1939 between the Volhynian Cavalry Brigade and

the IV Armoured Division. Cavalrymen successfully delayed the Division march on Warsaw. The site of the battle is commemorated with the monument exhibited in 1975 in the village. The monument was founded by the community of the Klobucki District in the village of Mokra. Every year in the beginning of September patriotic ceremonies commemorating the heroism of September soldiers take place. On the 1st of September 2002 German soldiers who participated in the battle donated a bell called “The Bell of Piece” to the newly built church in Mokra. The bell was offered as a votum and proof of reconciliation with Polish veterans.